By James M. Howe
An intensive exploration of the atomic constructions and homes of the fundamental engineering interfaces—an useful source for college students, academics, and execs
The newest, obtainable advisor to solid-vapor, solid-liquid, and solid-solid part alterations, this cutting edge ebook includes the single unified therapy of those 3 imperative engineering interfaces. utilizing an easy nearest-neighbor broken-bond version, Interfaces in fabrics makes a speciality of steel alloys in a simple process that may be simply prolonged to all kinds of interfaces and fabrics. stronger with approximately three hundred illustrations, besides vast references and recommendations for additional studying, this booklet provides:
- A uncomplicated, cohesive method of realizing the atomic constitution and homes of interfaces shaped among good, liquid, and vapor phases
- Self-contained discussions of every interface—allowing separate research of every part transformation
- A comparative examine the various interfaces, together with atomic constitution and crystallography; anisotropy, roughening, and melting; interfacial balance and segregation; non-stop and ledge progress types; and atomistic modeling
- An research of nearest-neighbor broken-bond effects opposed to thermodynamic and kinetic descriptions of the interfaces
- Problem units on the finish of every bankruptcy, emphasizing the foremost ideas exact within the text
Spanning the fields of chemical, electric and computing device engineering, fabrics technology, solid-state physics, and microscopy, Interfaces in fabrics bridges a tremendous hole within the literature of floor and interface science.
Read or Download Interfaces in Materials: Atomic Structure, Thermodynamics and Kinetics of Solid-Vapor, Solid-Liquid and Solid-Solid Interfaces PDF
Best Atomic Nuclear Physics books
For undergraduate physics scholars or for nuclear engineers.
The possibilities for doing scattering experiments at synchrotron and neutron amenities have grown speedily in recent times and are set to proceed to take action into the foreseeable destiny. this article offers a easy realizing of ways those options permit the constitution and dynamics of fabrics to be studied on the atomic and molecular point.
This e-book is devoted to Professor Leonid V Keldysh. His incredible contributions to condensed topic physics comprise the Franz-Keldysh impact, an electron-hole liquid, the nonequilibrium (Keldysh) diagram procedure, Bose-Einstein condensation (of excitons) and a ``metal-dielectric'' transition, acoustically-induced superlattices, multi-photon transitions and impression ionization in solids.
This publication presents a bridge among the fundamental ideas of physics realized as an undergraduate and the abilities and data required for complicated learn and examine within the interesting box of atomic physics. The textual content is geared up in a different and flexible structure --- as a suite of difficulties, tricks, certain recommendations, and in-depth tutorials.
Additional info for Interfaces in Materials: Atomic Structure, Thermodynamics and Kinetics of Solid-Vapor, Solid-Liquid and Solid-Solid Interfaces